Everyone reading this wants to have an exceptional day, but today, this very day, how will you go about doing it? Or better yet, you’re thinking about the day you will have tomorrow. How will it be great?
Use these five tips to have an exceptional day
- Ask for help – Everyone is taking on a challenge at this very moment. Providing solutions to this challenge is invigorating. Collaboration is even more energizing. Don’t take on the world’s problems by yourself. State your case and ask for help. Chances are a solution is waiting for you just around the corner you weren’t willing to peek around.
- Go out of your way to thank someone – If you’d like to feel more great, make someone else feel great. The best way to do this in my opinion is unexpected thankfulness. Putting a smile on someone else’s face will put a smile on your own.
- Say I love you – If this seems so simple, why is it so damn hard to do? Seriously. How often do we get to the point of saying, I never really told that person how I really feel. I don’t care if it is long overdue for your: Mom, Dad, sibling, or coworker. Let them know.
- Apologize – I heard a word about a week ago and it felt terrible. The word was, “resentment” and it is a heavy word. Emotionally we can’t afford to carry around these boulders. The drain they cause on you and I is too costly to measure. Say you’re sorry.
- Sell Something – That’s right! Sell an idea, a client, a passion, a thought process, your new shoe style, hairdo, just sell something. Selling is in everyone and every thing. Do not tell me you can’t sell anything. You’re selling me on what you can’t do. Selling makes the world go round and it involves passion. When you sell, you ignite your passion and you win. Nothing feels much better than winning. Get out and win.
ACTION ITEM: Please keep this post handy for when you need a tune up. I’d also really appreciate it if you’d share with those you care about and care about you. We all can have a better day tomorrow.