The 31st year of my life was a really challenging and wonderful year. Below is a list of 31 things I learned in the last 365 days. I’ll also leave you with what I’m most looking forward to in the upcoming year.
1. Be myself – every day
2. Read more
3. Embrace fears – everyone is scared (Jay-Z)
4. Say “Thank You” more often
5. Ask more questions
6. Meditate often
7. Listen to more podcasts (most are FREE)
8. Help accomplish goals for others
9. Don’t take myself too seriously
10. Start more: projects, relationships and solutions
11. Launch a blog and share something great with the world (check!)
12. Waiting sucks – go now!
13. Buy a gift for an unsuspecting friend
14. Find a mentor or mentors
15. State your intentions clearly
16. Buy a drink for your friends
17. Don’t be the smartest guy in the room
18. Challenge yourself to get better every day
19. Goals are great, discipline is paramount
20. Get uncomfortable
21. Save a little for a rainy day
22. Eliminate average: thoughts, actions and people
23. Dress for success
24. Ask for help – no great thing was ever accomplished alone
25. The Masters (golf tournament) is a really magical place. Thank you Juan for the tickets!
26. It’s okay to say NO
27. Tell a better story
28. Donating time can be more valuable than money
29. Take time to recharge
30. Don’t underestimate the power of prayer
31. The number of people who REALLY CARE is astounding. Thank you to all of my friends! I hope I can repay you.
Looking forward to year 32, I can tell you without reservation I’m most looking forward to being a dad. Everyone tells me it’s a life changing event and I’m ready for the challenge. Come August 2014, Beth and I will be welcoming another Keen Mind into the world.
ACTION ITEM: Take time to reflect on what you’ve learned in the last year. I’d really love it if you’d share your thoughts in the comments below with our entire tribe.